The Program Manager – South Asia, Sustainable Chemicals Management (SCM) is responsible for the assessing and developing C&A’s supply chain towards our goal of Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) by 2020 across Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri-Lanka.
- Manage daily operations of program execution including, audits / assessments, wastewater testing and corrective action plan management across the South Asia supply chain (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri-Lanka).
- Implement and monitor the usage of hazardous chemicals across the supply chain via the Chemical Inventory Management System.
- Manage a team of specialists driving implementation throughout C&A’s main sourcing countries.
- Oversee supplier on-boarding and relationship management.
- Drive performance across the supply chain via training, capacity building and technical support.
- Monitor supplier / production unit progress against annual performance requirements.
- Internal engagement to resolve issues and communicate program.
- Represent C&A in ZDHC work streams and actively contribute to its objectives.
- Support the Unit Leader on any other related activities and projects across the country.
- Strong practical understanding of developing supply chains is essential.
- Chemical background is preferred.
- Apparel background is preferred.
- No travel limitations to Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri-Lanka.
- High proficiency in English.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals program and Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC).
- Knowledge of sustainability best practices in textile manufacturing and mRSL implementation.
- Has an excellent ability of communicating cross-functionally and operating a remote based team.
- Gets to the heart of the issue.
- Focuses and stays the course.
- Can act independently whilst keeping close alignment to the SCM management team.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of working experience.
- Solid experience of managing teams.
- Prior experience within Pakistan and Bangladesh is preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing in fabric mills / dye houses, testing labs or brands.
- Education in Chemistry (preferred), environmental engineering, textile engineering.
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before November 17, 2017 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: http://weinrebgroup.com/jobseeker/resume.
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.