About the Position
Net Impact is seeking a visionary Chief Development and Client Programs Officer (CDCPO) to lead two critical business units: Development, which includes raising money from foundations and corporations, and Net Impact’s earned income unit, Client Programs. Reporting to the CEO and serving on the executive leadership team, the CDCPO will be charged with developing and overseeing almost all of Net Impact’s external relationships. The ideal candidate will have a background in fundraising and client services. This person will be driven, with a “hunter” mentality and a strong track record of initiating and securing revenue-generating partnerships with corporations in a mission-driven environment.
The responsibilities of the CDCPO will include:
Revenue generation (67%)
- Lead Development strategy and efforts to generate at least $4M+ annually, working in partnership with CEO and 2 FTEs on Development team.
- Meet and exceed annual revenue targets by generating revenue for the following programs:
- Annual Conference. This includes sponsorships from 30-40 sponsors for our flagship annual event. Our sponsors are mostly Fortune 500 companies;
- Client Programs. Client Programs are developed to engage our Millennial / Gen Z audience in a company’s sustainability / social impact priorities. Examples include innovation challenges and local event series;
- Core Programs and General Support. Revenue comes from foundations and individuals to support Net Impact and our programs more broadly.
- Manage high performing Development team (1 direct report, 1 indirect report).
- Lead the implementation of better business development processes, communications, and thought leadership efforts in order to build a more robust pipeline of clients.
- Serve as the primary account representative for a number of key accounts from a range of industries.
Client programs (33%)
- Deliver outstanding service to corporate and foundation clients, as evidenced by meeting and exceeding KPIs, as well as by how many clients upgrade and renew.
- Manage high performing Client programs team (2 direct reports, 3 indirect reports).
- Add value to project managers, program design and execution efforts.
- Translate client needs into compelling and profitable program offerings.
- Iterate on client program offerings and refine our offerings to better serve the corporate market.
In addition, this individual will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, contributing to overall organizational strategies, setting KPIs, and participate in promoting an organizational culture that values long-term strategic thinking, creativity/innovation, and high performance.
About Working at Net Impact
Candidates should be aware of the following attributes of working at Net Impact:
- We have a fantastic team and culture.
- Executives and other leaders must be both doers and dreamers; we are looking for visionary leadership, but someone who is willing to dig into details and execute as well.
- We are a nimble and fast moving organization that shifts rapidly to meet our goals; people do well here who are comfortable with a fast pace as well as ambiguity at times.
- We will be entering into a new strategic planning phase in Summer / Fall 2017, which will be an ideal time for a new Executive with fresh perspectives and innovative ideas.
Qualifications / Requirements
Our ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience generating significant revenue from the corporate sector for a for-profit and/or nonprofit organization.
- Specific experience with building a professional sales pipeline and sales services.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent project management and attention to detail.
- Passion for Net Impact’s mission.
- Great people, team management, and lateral management ability.
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following with tens of thousands of MBA students and others over the past 24 years. Today, our community of over 100,000 individuals in 300 chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before April 22nd to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: http://weinrebgroup.com/jobseeker/resume. The cover letter should be thoughtful and explain your interest in the position and your qualifications, including information on salary history and available start date.
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. Net Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation.