About C&A Foundation
C&A Foundation is here to transform the fashion industry into a force for good. We do this by providing financial support, expertise, and networks to enable brands, NGOs and other changemakers to make the fashion industry work better for every person it touches.
Our work is focused on five areas that we believe will have the biggest impact for people: accelerating organic cotton and other sustainable materials, enabling the industry’s transition to circular, improving working conditions, eradicating forced and child labour, and strengthening communities.
As a corporate foundation, we share the same heritage, values and approach to sustainability as the global retailer C&A. And we work closely to find the best ways to drive change together.
The Head of Circular Transformation will be responsible for developing defining and executing an innovative and coherent vision and strategy to accelerate the fashion industry’s transition towards circular business models. The position reports to the Executive Director and has two direct reports.
The Head of Circular Transformation will have the following responsibilities:
- Vision: Develops an ambitious, long-term vision for a transformed global apparel industry and defines C&A Foundation’s role
- Strategy: Designs a robust theory of change (including strategies and results) built on a sound analysis of the systemic barriers to circular business models in fashion Management: Supports, manages and develops the Circular Transformation team
- Leadership: Serves as a member of the C&A Foundation leadership team
- Implementation: Serves as the primary programme manager for strategic grantees
- External representation: Acts as an ambassador to build the credibility and leadership of C&A Foundation in Circular Transformation
- Fashion for Good: Ensures sound governance, strategic direction, and results for C&A Foundation’s flagship initiative, Fashion for Good
- C&A partnership: Complements and accelerates C&A’s activities in circular economy
The candidate will demonstrate:
- Recognized thought leadership in circular economy or related field
- An understanding of complex systems and what it takes to shift them, creating visionary strategies actionable in the short-term and driving initiatives with measurable impact
- Deep knowledge of the global apparel industry and best practices in sustainable supply chains, with particular understanding of environmental practices
- +10 years experience in a leadership position having an external facing role
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before May 18th, 2017 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: http://weinrebgroup.com/jobseeker/resume. The cover letter should include information on salary history and available start date.
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.