A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability. Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
The Responsible Sourcing Manager (RS Manager) manages compliance to Responsible Sourcing Risks for all direct suppliers cross-segment in the Americas Region. The position will be based in Franklin TN, close to Nashville, with travel throughout North and South America, as well as periodic international trips.
The RS Manager deploys the global strategy in North and South America for all direct suppliers and co-manufacturers. The RS Process includes supplier risk assessment, Code of Conduct roll out, Suppliers self-assessment completion, audits and its close out and ongoing monitoring to ensure alignment with the Mars Supplier Code of Conduct to protect our brands. This requires interaction with buyers, suppliers, audit companies and other service providers (Data, systems).
This role ensures that Responsible Sourcing is an essential part of the regional commercial KPIs and reports on progress. The role collaborates with Commercial leaders and sourcing managers to provide proactive strategic input in RS specific country and commodity risks for reputational risk management. The role collaborates with the Sustainable Sourcing Team to ensure RS compliance for defined global categories through the supply chain.
An essential part of the role is engaging and motivating the Commercial community to support this process. In order to raise understanding and support continuous improvement of Responsible Sourcing in the business, the Responsible Sourcing Manager acts as a certified trainer for the Mars Commercial College to ensure capacity building within Commercial.
The Responsible Sourcing Manager collaborates with external stakeholders like NGO’s, advocacy organizations and industry groups to represent Mars in these associates to drive for change in Responsible Sourcing Practices. This role impacts thousands of workers, by promoting improved working and safety conditions and implementing ethical business practices throughout the Mars Supply Chain.
- Ensures Responsible Sourcing strategies are distilled and focused for delivery on time by identifying indicators, milestones and commitments, as well as a focused regional strategy.
- Ensures compliance with the Mars Code of Conduct and other required international labor, social, health and safety, environmental regulations and/or standards amongst all direct suppliers.
- Represents the Mars Responsible Sourcing team during supplier meetings and audits. Works closely with Buyers and relevant Commercial Associates to ensure appropriate buying decisions are made with consideration of the Mars Code of Conduct and associate standards.
- Manages and interprets supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) submissions and the audit process with 3rd party audit companies.
- Reviews Suppliers’ audits and monitors suppliers’ corrective action plan to audit close out status in a timely manner. Collects and maintains data relevant to Responsible Sourcing performance and ensures correct data for reporting in the dashboard. Includes ongoing regional tracking and surfacing of key performance statistics/trending and the identification of both emerging risks and areas of best practice.
- Leads in stakeholder engagements and strategic sourcing areas to ensure defined commodities are responsibly sourced globally.
- Provides strategic input to buyers on implications of country risks for commodity strategies.
- Acts as Certified Trainer for Responsible Sourcing for the commercial community to raise understanding for risk associated within the direct supply chain.
- Collaborates externally with industry forums to improve Responsible Sourcing standards, impacting better working conditions for suppliers.
- Acts as an ambassador by forging influential relationships with counterparts in supplier organizations.
Degree and/or 7 years+ in relevant field required
- Experience managing a social compliance program and relationships with auditors/audit firms.
- Commitment to and passion for CSR, as well as a reputation for integrity and good judgement.
- A strategic thinker and self-starter who is proactive and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking and introduce new ideas.
- Excellent written/oratory communication skills, including public speaking, facilitation and presentation.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines; ability to identify priorities quickly, action oriented.
- An assertive, goal-oriented self-starter with good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong customer service commitment for internal and external stakeholders.
- Big-picture thinking skills; sound financial and business acumen.
- Fluency in both English / Spanish, Portuguese a plus languages.
- Ability to travel, approx. 30% mainly within the region.
- History of successful work in large/complex organizations with diverse functional/cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in a supply chain organization (QA, sourcing) a plus
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before Feb. 18th to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: http://weinrebgroup.com/jobseeker/resume. All applications will be treated with strict confidence.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.