The Director, Sustainability is responsible for providing direction and management of the company’s sustainability programs and performance. He/she will work with key global partners, as well as the executive team to establish business priorities in regards to sustainability and align efforts to support global corporate initiatives. This person will integrate/embed sustainability into the business and drive progress towards the global sustainability goals. This position will be based in New York.
Build Sustainability Program
- Develop a sustainability structure within Samsonite and its brands
- Work closely with Executive team and key business leaders to understand business priorities and align the efforts of the sustainability function to provide appropriate support.
- Collaborate in developing major global sustainability strategies and initiatives.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, and status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or
- laws globally.
- Provide thought leadership for how to incorporate sustainability into business plans.
- Identify educational, training, or development opportunities for employees.
- Inspire employees to learn about and participate in sustainability efforts and social/environmental responsibility.
- Orchestrate and facilitate conversations with key partners within the organization to ensure effective corporate global communication.
Sustainability Reporting and Metrics
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals, including the Company’s annual Environmental, Social, and
- Governance report as required by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Develop methodologies to define, standardize, and track progress and success of global sustainability goals and
- Conduct sustainability or environment-related risk assessments.
- 7-10 years work experience in a sustainability leadership role
- Experience influencing without authority
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Track record working with C-level executives
- Detail oriented with ability to oversee projects from origin through execution
- Self-starter, high level of initiative with entrepreneurial approach to business
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly developed interpersonal, and influencing management skills
- Sound ability and knowledge in developing robust business processes
- Impeccable organization skills and priority focused
- Experience working within a large decentralized organization a plus
Requirements & Skills
- 7-10 years of professional experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Microsoft Office
- 30% international travel
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before October 1st, 2017 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: http://weinrebgroup.com/jobseeker/resume.
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.