The Head of Corporate Engagement at We Mean Business is responsible for designing, executing, and measuring impact of the coalition’s corporate engagement work. This leadership position within the coalition has many strong touchpoints with coalition members. This high impact role requires strength in creative campaigning, persistence in execution and ability to convene and work with the NGO and corporate sectors.
The Head of Corporate Engagement will lead the Commit to Action Campaign, that in three years has mobilized over 500 major, publicly-traded companies around the world to commit to specific actions on climate leadership. The focus of the Campaign is now to achieve a tipping point in the number of high-impact, high-emitting companies committing to action, with the goal of generating a fundamental shift in overall corporate behavior by 2020.
The Commit to Action team is currently embedded within CDP, one of the core partners of We Mean Business. This role works in close partnership with CDP as well as all of the other WMB partners. In addition, the Head of Corporate Engagement works closely with the Managing Director, Head of Communications and Head of Policy.
This position reports directly to the CEO and will require management of supporting team members.
Engagement and Execution
- Lead the corporate engagement work, with the Commit to Action campaign as the current primary vehicle for engagement.
- Execute on the current campaign with the ability to make adjustments and take advantage of opportunities as they arise, to update the evergreen campaign as well as to develop more targeted and time-bound campaigns:
- Engage in consistent analysis of target and audience response to the campaign in order to maximize success, with the ability to make strategic shifts if/when needed; Work across teams in the US, UK, EU, India and Brazil on the evergreen campaign of Commit to Action; Collaborate to develop some mini-regional and sectoral campaigns; Work with the Commit to Action team and the communications team to create the narrative and campaign materials including pitch materials, website content, microsites for specific initiatives, and resources for committed companies.
- Lead the development and execution of WMB’s corporate engagement strategy, collaborating with the Commit to Action team and WMB partners. This includes the development of shared strategic priorities, work plans, key performance indicators, progress tracking, campaign resources and marketing collateral.
- Lead relationships with business leaders, the Corporate Engagement Working Group (CEWG) which consists of representatives of all the core coalition partners, as the one of the key mechanism for WMB partner collaboration on corporate engagement work.
- Contribute to the WMB Secretariat’s engagement with all internal and external stakeholders, including the Corporate Advisory Group and WMB’s ambassadors.
- Serve on the senior management team of the WMB Secretariat, which has collective responsibility for the development and execution of WMB’s overarching strategy. This includes:
- Working closely with the CEO and other members of the senior management team to ensure an integrated strategy, with common goals and outcomes;
- Briefing the WMB Board on the progress of corporate engagement and provide recommendations as needed;
- Representing WMB in partnerships and collaborations in a variety of forums in the climate community and the business community.
- Oversee the WMB budget allocated for corporate engagement.
- Contribute to fundraising with the goal of supplementing existing financial resources and therefore growing grant and corporate funded resources available to support corporate engagement and wider WMB impact.
- Masters degree or other advanced degree in relevant field, or relevant senior level corporate engagement, campaigning, or marketing experience.
- 10-15 years of practical business experience advancing corporate engagement on social impact, preferably on climate change, environment or a related issue. Experience working in the private/corporate sector in sustainability, marketing, operations or related.
- Demonstrated experience with, and success in, running campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change and sustainability issues relevant to the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Ability to work collaboratively and enjoy building relationships with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to convene and facilitate discussions among senior stakeholders.
- Effective written and oral communication skills; demonstrated track record working with traditional and social media.
- Staff supervision and development.
- Flexibility and nimbleness.
- Ability to work with a global team.
New Venture Fund Careers
We Mean Business is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before April 19th to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: http://weinrebgroup.com/jobseeker/resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and salary requirements.